Monday, May 28, 2012

daily reflections for May 28-EQUAL RIGHTS

daily reflections for May 28-EQUAL RIGHTS | Milkman's Sober Living:

Equal Rights

At one time or another most A.A. groups go on rule-making benders. ...After a time fear and intolerance subside. [and we realize] We do not wish to deny anyone his chance to recover from alcoholism. We wish to be just as inclusive as we can, never exclusive.
"A.A. Tradition: How It Developed,"pp.10,11,12

A.A. offered me complete freedom and accepted me into the Fellowship for myself. Membership did not depend upon conformity, financial success or education and I am so grateful for that. I often ask myself if I extend the same equality to others or if I deny them the freedom to be different. Today I try to replace my fear and intolerance with faith, patience, love and acceptance. I can bring these strengths to my A.A. group, my home and my office. I make an effort to bring my positive attitude everywhere I go.
I have neither the right, nor the responsibility, to judge others. Depending on my attitude I can view newcomers to A.A., family members and friends as menaces or as teachers. When I think of some of my past judgements, it is clear how my self-righteousness caused me spiritual harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment