Sunday, May 27, 2012

Taking on Responsibility

Responsibility

"Responsibility" is the willingness to be the "author of all your experiences", even the ones you don't like. If you create an experience in your life which you view as pleasant or worthy, you will be most willing to be responsible for it. You may even be "proud" that you did it, which is a step away from responsibility. However, when you create an experience in your life which you judge as bad or unpleasant, your mind will have the tendency to disown the authorship of the experience.

I was one of the most irreponsible persons I've ever know (almost) lol. When I was drinking and drugin' my word wasn't worth a can of beans. At the time I said something I had all the intentions of keeping my word, but as soon as I got a drink or drug in me, out the window any memory of it went.

Today, I do my best to keep that word, and do my best not to promise things I may not be able to keep. I will say I will try, but that's all I can do. Life shows up and sometimes we can't keep our word, so we have to do our best to explain why, and then do our best to do it at a later time. When it involves others, we need to explain the situation to them and not avoid them. Most people will understand why a promise can't be kept if you explain. That goes for MOST creditors.... durn, not all.

I take responsibility for my actions today, good or bad, for any experiences I create, and sometimes for my family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment