Monday, June 11, 2012

daily reflections for June 11-FAMILY OBLIGATIONS

daily reflections for June 11-FAMILY OBLIGATIONS

Family Obligations

... a spiritual life which does not include.... family obligations may not be so perfect after all.
Alcoholics Anonymous,p.129

I can be doing great in the program-- applying it at meetings, at work, and in service activities-- and find that things have gone to pieces at home. I expect my loved ones to understand, but they cannot. I expect them to see and value my progress, but they don't-- unless I show them. Do I neglect their needs and desires for my attention and concern? When I'm around them, am I irritable or boring? Are my "amends" a mumbled "Sorry," or do they take the form of patience and tolerance? Do I preach to them, trying to reform or "fix" them? Have I ever really cleaned house with them?" The spiritual life is not a theory. We have to live it" (Alcoholics Anonymous,p.83).

No comments:

Post a Comment