Saturday, June 9, 2012

This is not a dating service

This is not a dating service 

 I started going to A.A. way back in the late 80's. At that time I was not looking to stop drinking, but to get the court off my ass. I had been single for awhile due to my drinking and cheating on a woman I had been with for eight years. So I seen easy pickens at meetings, but for some reason I could not take advantage of someone like that. I knew it was not right even though I had been doing it in bars for years. Over the years I went to meetings off and on because of the courts. I watched men and women pick each other up in meetings. I never stuck around to find out how faired in their one nighters. Now I have been in meetings in the area where I live for almost two years. I've seen people I know doing it and wondering what is going through their heads or dicks I should say. I'm not saying I have'nt wanted to, but I take a look at what is going to happen in the long run. One or the both of you are going to stop going to certain meetings because the other one is there. If you don't have a good program one or the both of you are going to be right back to where you were when you came looking for help. I have been with my lady for almost twelve years and when I got out of rehab I didn't know if we could stay together. That was because we never had a relationship with out drinking or drugs. We had no idea who we were or how to live with out drugs or alcohol. Before you start a relationship or think about getting laid from other addicts in the rooms, you may want to get some recovery between your legs before you put another persons life between your legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment