Monday, July 16, 2012

Recovery 365 - July 17 - Victim of Circumstances


Victim of circumstances

For anyone that’s ever been in jail, I’m sure you can relate to how everyone is innocent, say the man behind bars. Being a frequent visitor to jails and institutions in my drinking days, I can attest to this saying, and have used it myself many times. There were times when I shouldn’t have gone to jail so my own mind thought, being easier to put the blame on someone else being the fault for getting caught. Yep, getting caught for something illegal, but it was safe at the time until that so and so did something wrong to get me caught and put in jail.
Yea, it was my wife’s fault for yelling at me because I was drunk and then I left the house in my car only to pull into the bowling alley parking lot and get a DUI. Well, it was my son’s fault for breaking the windshield of the car and that was the reason they were suspicious of me and found out I was driving drunk. It was everyone else’s fault for me going to jail that night, and it was their fault that I went to prison for the first time, and it was their fault because it was my 4th DUI in a 5 year period, because 2 of the other DUI’s were their fault too. I should have only gone to county jail instead of prison. It was their fault darn it. Can you hear me?
Well, as I look back, there may have been times when I shouldn’t have gone to jail or suffered consequences for actions I did, but the fact remains that I am the one that chose the lifestyle that put me in those circumstances. If you get away with something and keep on doing it, sooner or later the ODDS will getcha!
Today, I chose to live a different life and what I do, right or wrong, gives me the outcome that was chosen by me and the roads I walk, and not by someone else. Can you relate?
Be responsible for your own actions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment