Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 23 - The Promises

I can't speak for anyone else about what these promises say, but for me, most of them have come true.

1. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. 
2. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it .
3. We will comprehend the word serenity
4. We will know peace.
5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear
7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows
8. Self seeking will slip away
9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change
10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us
11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us
12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves

Life has certainly changed these past 11 years for me and my family, and for the most part, to the positive side of life. I am at peace with myself, not afraid of answering the door or phone, do my best to help others, and my whole life has changed. I am someone now, not just a body taking up space. As they say, "More will be revealed".

I never dreamed that there was so much in life that I really liked. I never took the time or interest to find things that were enjoyable in life that didn't involve the use of alcohol and/or drugs. There are people out there that will be friends with you, whether or not you buy them a drink or turn them on to some drugs. I just never knew that. Life is good and getting better.

Just my reflections in recovery for today. Have a great day everyone and I hope these promises come true for all of you also.

Milkman Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment