Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 29 - When are we "hordes"?

The following was a post I shared a couple of years ago. The moral: Nothing changes if nothing changes. At the end of that post is one from today.
(About 2 years ago) I was cleaning up in the garage and the backyard this morning and came across a whole lot of stuff the wife had bagged up to throw out. My first instict was to open the bags and go thru them to see if she is throwing away anything useful, lol. That's what I generally do, and the results are, in the long run, they generally get thrown out anyways.


I just hate throwing away useful things, even if I'll probably never get any use out of them. A couple of months ago, we had to throw out a couple of weed eaters, and of course, I couldn't do it, even though they didn't work any longer. I found myself taking them apart, and keeping most of the parts. Well, the parts are still in a box on my workbench, lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll throw them away.

Now clothes? When do you finally say: "They just don't fit, their worn out, and I'll wear them again"?  lol  Four bags of clothes are getting thrown out tomorrow also........... without opening them up.

Anyone else have a "hording" problem when it comes to throwing things away?

Mike
(Today)
We just moved a month ago from a 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom condo. I threw a lot of things out during the move. I still have the weed eaters and going thru the backyard and garage today, I seem to have held onto a lot more. The bagged up clothes were given to the Goodwill about a week ago, so I guess I never got them thrown out when I wrote the post above. I'm hoping to have a lot more thrown out or given away by the time its time to move again. It won't happen unless I change my thinking and my ways. Can it be done?

Ok you other hordes, I know you're out there so let's hear it.

My Reflections in recovery for today.

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment