Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 7 - Attitude

Attitude

Attitude has a lot to do with how we feel, and how we deal with whats going on around us. If I wake up with a good attitude, more than likely, things are gonna go good for me that day.

How do I keep a good attitude?
I try my best to get enough sleep, nourishment, exercise, companionship, fresh air, tuned in to my sobriety and some free time for myself. There's always more, but those are my basics.

In other words, a well rounded out way of living. I'm not saying that there aren’t a few things that I could use MORE of, but I’m getting enough most days to keep myself living with a GOOD attitude, towards life, my family, fellow employees, and others that I come in contact with each day.

All these determine on how my attitude is going to be, both to myself and to others. There’s been days, when I’ve woken up with a BAD attitude and usually on these days there’s been something that was missing from the circle for me:
Not enough to eat...................H........Hungry
Carrying resentment................A........Angry
Not communicating..................L........Lonely
Not enough sleep....................T........Tired

Yep, the old H.A.L.T. is what can change my attitude. Staying tuned into what I NEED, usually ends up giving me a lot of what I WANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment